Fifth Central Asia Public Procurement Forum
Issyk-Kul, Kyrgyz Republic: 21-24 April 2009
Cosponsored by the World Bank, the Islamic Development Bank, and the Asian Development Bank, the Forum aimed to strengthen the capacity of participating countries to develop reliable country procurement systems. It sought to
- share experience in establishing an effective mechanism to endorse implementation of a public procurement law and regulations;
- increase the role of public procurement in building a national public finance management system based on good governance, institutional development, and human resource capacity building;
- expand understanding of the anti-corruption agenda in public procurement;
- share information on public procurement reforms in participating countries;
- highlight the role of international financial institutions (IFIs) in strengthening national public procurement systems;
- harmonize donor support in advancing the use of country systems in procurement under IFI-financed operations;
- improve monitoring tools, benchmarking, and other good international practices in measuring progress of public procurement reform; and
- establish regional cooperation in public procurement reform.
View the agenda for country and donor presentations.