15th CAREC Trade Policy Coordinating Committee Meeting
Baku, Azerbaijan: 21 November 2011
The meeting presented the following topics to the participants:
- trade and trade policy of the new CAREC members—Pakistan and Turkmenistan,
- the impact of the Customs Union on the Kyrgyz Republic and Tajikistan,
- indicators of trade liberalization and institutional quality to monitor the implementation progress of the Trade Policy Strategic Action Plan (TPSAP),
- a proposed training program of knowledge sharing among CAREC countries on accession to the World Trade Organization, and
- a study proposal on trade in CAREC Countries to review the Trade Policy Strategy and Action Plan.
Participants were representatives of the 10 CAREC countries and of multilateral institution partners Asian Development Bank, the International Monetary Fund, and the World Bank.